Saturday, August 9, 2014

SK-II Skin Signature Eye Cream Review

I'm always on the hunt for a good eye cream, even though I have no wrinkles but I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible. SK-II is very expensive with very good marketing, that's why I've tried a few products in this winter. But even though I do like it, I just didn't think it's so differentiated that it justifies the price. I have been using this for 4 months so this is a good time to write a review. 

SK-II Skin Signature Eye Cream (15g, AUD145) is quite rich. It’s a thick, ivory cream and one has to be careful to not use too much. I find that the slightest touch of a finger on the cream is already enough for both undereye areas. I use this on the orbital bone, very gently massaging the cream to the area.

The eye cream comes in a classic SKII red jar. It also comes with a tiny plastic spatula but since I’m the only one who uses it, I just use my fingers instead.  It’s been 4 months since I started using the eye cream and I’m quite impressed at the results. I wasn’t expecting reduction of fine lines or even disappearance of wrinkles. But what it does is that it keeps the undereye area well hydrated without the greasiness. I’ve noticed brightening of the area too, hence reducing the dark circles under the eyes.

With the area sufficiently “plumped” the next day, application of undereye concealer is made easy. Previously, I found that my skin undereye dry and difficult to blend the concealer. After using the Skin Signature Eye Cream, the same concealer now works a treat on the delicate area. It’s now very blendable.

Ingredient List

Water, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Triethylhexanoin, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Myristyl Myristate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Sorbitan Stearate, Sucrose, Polycottonseedate, Myristyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Stearate, Dimethicone, Batyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polysorbate 65, Tocopheryl Acetate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Titanium Dioxide, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Methylparaben, Dimethiconol Laureth-7, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Mica, Disodium EDTA, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylparaben, Sodium PEG-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Carbomer, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Methicone, DNA, CI 77492 and CI 77491.

 

No comments: